Munaaz Catering Equipment POPIA Terms and Conditions
Where reference is made to “process”, it means how your personal or business information is collected, used, stored, made available, destroyed, updated, disclosed, or otherwise dealt.
As a general rule we will only process your personal information if this is required to deliver or offer a service, provide a product or carry out a transaction.
In this document any reference to “we” or “us” or “our” includes Munaaz Catering Equipment (PTY) LTD and/or any of its subsidiaries.
Sometimes you may provide us with consent to process your personal information. Read it carefully because it may limit your rights.
What is personal information?
Personal information refers to any information that identifies you or specifically relates to you. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following information:
- marital status (like married, single, divorced);
- language; birth; education;
- financial history (like your income, Third party payments made on your behalf and the like)
- Identity or passport number);
- e-mail address; physical address; telephone number;
- biometric information (like fingerprints, your signature or voice);
- race; gender; sex; pregnancy; ethnic origin; social origin; colour;
- sexual orientation;
- physical health; mental health; well-being; disability; religion; belief;
- conscience; culture;
- medical history; criminal history; employment history;
- personal views, preferences and opinions;
- confidential correspondence; and / or
- another’s views or opinions about you and your name also constitute your personal information.
When will we process your personal information?
We will only process your personal information for lawful purposes relating to our business if the following applies:
- if you have consented thereto;
- if a person legally authorised by you, the law or a court, has consented thereto;
- if it is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract we have with you;
- if the law requires or permits it;
- if it is required to protect or pursue your, our or a third party’s legitimate interest;
When and from where we obtain personal information about you
- We collect personal information from our clients when they capture financial and non-financial information or utilise our services or products
- We collect personal information from 3rd parties that are directly integrated with our software platform.
- We collect information about you based on your use of our products, services or service channels
- We collect information about you based on how you engage or interact with us such as via our support desk, emails, letters, telephone calls and surveys.
If the law requires us to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting personal information about you from third parties.
Reasons we need to process your personal information
We will process your personal information for the following reasons:
- to provide you with products, goods and services
- to market our products, goods and services to you;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints;
- to comply with legislative, regulatory, risk and compliance requirements (including directives, sanctions and rules), voluntary and involuntary codes of conduct and industry agreements or to fulfil reporting requirements and information requests;
- to conduct market and behavioural research, including scoring and analysis to determine if you qualify for products and services or to determine your credit or insurance risk;
- to develop, test and improve products and services for you;
- for historical, statistical and research purposes, like market segmentation;
- to enable us to deliver goods, documents or notices to you;
- for security, identity verification and to check the accuracy of your personal information;
- to communicate with you and carry out your instructions and requests;
- for customer satisfaction surveys, promotional offerings.
- insurance and assurance underwriting and administration;
- to process or consider or assess insurance or assurance claims;
- to provide insurance and assurance policies and products and related services;
- to enable you to take part in and make use of value added products and services;
- for any other related purposes.
How we use your personal information for marketing
- If you are not our customer, or in any other instances where the law requires, we will only market to you by electronic communications with your consent.
- In all cases you can request us to stop sending marketing communications to you at any time.
When, how and with whom we share your personal information
In general we will only share your personal information if any one or more of the following apply:
- if you have consented to this;
- if it is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract we have with you;
- if the law requires it; and / or
- if it’s necessary to protect or pursue your, our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
Your duties and rights about the personal information we have about you
- You must provide proof of identity when enforcing the rights below.
You must inform us when your personal information changes.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we have about you by contacting us. This includes requesting:
- confirmation that we hold your personal information;
- a copy or description of the record containing your personal information; and the identity or categories of third parties who have had access to your personal information.
We will attend to requests for access to personal information within a reasonable time. You may be required to pay a reasonable fee to receive copies or descriptions of records, or information about third parties. We will inform you of the fee before attending to your request. Please note that the law may limit your right to access information. You have the right to request us to correct or delete the personal information we have about you if it is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading, obtained unlawfully or we are no longer authorised to keep it. You must inform us of your request in writing. We may request documents from you to verify the change in personal information.
A specific agreement that you have entered into with us may determine how you must change your personal information provided at the time when you entered into the specific agreement. Please adhere to these requirements. If the law requires us to keep the personal information, it will not be deleted upon your request.
You may object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will not be able to give effect to your objection if the processing of your personal information was and is permitted by law; you have provided consent to the processing and our processing done according to your consent or the processing is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract with you.
Where you have provided your consent for the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent we will explain the consequences to you. We may proceed to process your personal information even if you have withdrawn your consent if the law permits or requires it. It may take up to 15 business days for the change to reflect on our systems, during this time we may still process your personal information. You must inform us of any objection in writing.
You have a right to file a complaint with us or any Regulator with jurisdiction about an alleged contravention of the protection of your personal information by us. We will address your complaint as far as possible.
How we secure your personal information
- We will take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational steps to protect your personal information according to industry best practices. Our security measures (including physical, technological and procedural safeguards) will be appropriate and reasonable. This includes the following:
- keeping our systems secure (like monitoring access and usage);
- storing our records securely;
- controlling the access to our buildings, systems and/or records;
- and safely destroying or deleting records.
- Ensure compliance with international ISO security standards.
- You can also protect your personal information. Please visit the website of the relevant business you have established a business relationship with for more information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as:
- the law requires us to keep it;
- a contract between you and us requires us to keep it;
- you have consented for us keeping it;
- we require it for statistical or research purposes;
- a code of conduct requires us to keep it; and / or
- we require it for our lawful business purposes.
Take note: We may keep your personal information even if you no longer have a relationship with us, for the historical data that may be required.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from our websites or applications to your computer or device hard drive or Internet browser where it is saved. The cookie contains information to personalise your experience on our websites or applications and may improve your experience on the websites or applications. The cookie will also identify your device, like the computer or smart phone.
By using our websites or applications you agree that cookies may be forwarded from the relevant website or application to your computer or device. The cookie will enable us to know that you have visited the website or application before and will identify you. We may also use the cookie to prevent fraud and for analytics.